sexta-feira, 7 de junho de 2013

Thick and Thickur Gurls...

marshmallowfluffwoman: My name might be Autumn, but I sure love...









marshmallowfluffwoman:

My name might be Autumn, but I sure love the summer :) 

USA size 18. Age 22

pearlconcubine: What I Wore Today: Blouse: Dorothy Perkins...



pearlconcubine:

What I Wore Today:

Blouse: Dorothy Perkins Swallow Print Pussy Bow Blouse size 20

Pants: City Chic High Waisted Work Pants size 14

Shoes: Giovanni size 7.5

Bangle: Sportsgirl

I looked cute today.  :3

alittlelessnaked: I Love Lace Ultrasoft Cardigan in Peacock,...







alittlelessnaked:

I Love Lace

Ultrasoft Cardigan in Peacock, Target, XXL

Burnt Orange Lace crop top, Target, XXL

Nude Cami, Forever 21+

Grey Ponte Mini, Target, XXL

Grey Tights, Avenue, EE

Grey Flats, Avenue, 11W

Rose Necklace, Forever 21

I love paring teals with oranges. And I love mini skirts with tights. So basically this outfit is everything I love. I am wearing the crop top with the mini pulled up waist high and the bottom of the top is creating a really nifty 'cinching' effect. Kind of like a belt without a belt. 

alittlelessnaked: Derp-Face Ultra-soft Cardigan in Egyptian...





alittlelessnaked:

Derp-Face

Ultra-soft Cardigan in Egyptian Sand, Target, Size XXL

Striped Jersey Tank in Grey, Old Navy, Size XL

Grey Pencil Skirt, Worthington Brand, Size 18… THRIFTED! :)

Grey Micro-fiber tights, Avenue, Size E 

Grey sparkle ballet flats, Avenue, Size 11W (no longer available)


I should model for American Apparel. Just saying. For this outfit, I'm just messing around with some of my main style necessities… cardigans and stripes. If you haven't noticed yet, I like both. Quite a lot. They are versatile. Bang for your buck and such. Speaking of cheap, I found this skirt thrifting at Salvation Army… 'twas only a dollar. It was worth the effort to scour the store for items. Oh.. and the Old Navy top… I should probably get it in XXL… the XL isn't quite long enough, but when it is tucked into a skirt, it is fine. 

Questions? Ask me.

Oh… and I meant to post this here, but ended up posting it to the other blog on accident. Oh well.

dafckinspot: Just fckin Gorgeous!



dafckinspot:

Just fckin Gorgeous!

Photo



nadiaaboulhosn: Nadia Aboulhosn. Tie Dye Peplum





nadiaaboulhosn:

Nadia Aboulhosn. Tie Dye Peplum

nadiaaboulhosn: Nadia Aboulhosn. Her Pistol Go.









nadiaaboulhosn:

Nadia Aboulhosn. Her Pistol Go.

curvily: Colorblocking!  Also, this would be Fatshion February...



curvily:

Colorblocking!  Also, this would be Fatshion February (a concept I just discovered) - Day 1:

Dress: Kristin Miles, via GwynnieBee (an amazing virtual closet service that I will write more about soon!)

Leggings: Flexees (SUPER warm and completely opaque)

Boots: Miista

curvily: Day 14: All Love for Valentine's Day!  I've always...



curvily:

Day 14: All Love for Valentine's Day! 

I've always loved Valentine's Day, because even when I wasn't in a relationship, I've always had friends and family that love me (and that I love back) in my life, something which I am very grateful for.  This year, my romantic valentine is my friend as well, and now officially my family too - because we are married :)  So I am happy to celebrate all the love in my life, of all varieties, and I hope you are too!

On to the OOTD (complete with a dress I love):

Dress: Eloquii (via Gwynnie Bee, an amazing Netflix-for-clothes type deal that I also love.  They are having a 30 day free trial right now - click through the link above or mention Curvily sent you to activate it).  I feel like this dress was made for me, so I was really happy when I suggested to the lovely ladies at GB and they added it to their selection <3

Navy Tights: Hue

Copper faux snakeskin pumps: Mossimo (Target)

Smoky quartz ring: From Norbu Bijoux

curvily: Day 6: Abstract wrap Wrap dress: Kenneth Cole Cami:...



curvily:

Day 6: Abstract wrap

Wrap dress: Kenneth Cole

Cami: H&M (seriously, I have like a billion of these)

Purple tights: Hue

Patent wedges: Call it Spring

Pyrite necklace:  KT Collection 

curvily: Day 22: My new dress <3 I went shopping earlier...



curvily:

Day 22: My new dress <3

I went shopping earlier this week and found my new favorite dress.  It is a JEWEL print!  I've never seen anything like it before, and the swingy skirt is just perfect.  Even better, I got a ridiculous deal: $24 for a Cynthia Rowley dress!  Happiness. 

Dress: Cynthia Rowley (via Marshall's)

Tights: Hue

Shoes: martin maison margiela for H&M (what can I say, they are a work wear staple) 

curvily: OOTD: Metallic peplum! I *love* this shirt!  It is a...



curvily:

OOTD: Metallic peplum!

I *love* this shirt!  It is a Gwynnie Bee piece, and one I definitely would have passed over on a rack.  High neck shirts often squish my bust in weird ways, but this one had structure, and most importantly: substantial, functional darts!  It felt like it was made for me :)

I paired it with the suit's blazer at work and felt sharp and professional, and then removed the jacket for a going-away party on the LES.  There is a fun exposed gold zipper on the back to add interest too.  I'll definitely be getting this one again!

Peplum top: Alfani via Gwynnie Bee

Pencil skirt: Tahari (part of a suit)

Tights: Hue

Deconstructed pumps: margiela for H&M

curvily: OOTD: Suit-esque I wore this outfit to work, pairing...



curvily:

OOTD: Suit-esque

I wore this outfit to work, pairing the pants with a more laid back boyfriend blazer with a faux-leather collar (obscured by my hair).  When I remembered I had a lunch meeting, I switched jackets to a more business-y blazer.  Office transformer!

Jacket: Ronson for JCP

Ruched square neck shell: T Tahari (via Nordstrom Rack)

Colorblock necklace: Aldo

Ankle pants: Mossimo (Target)

Deconstructed pumps: margiela for H&M

curvily: OOTD: Peplum + Patterned Pants! Having this blog is...



curvily:

OOTD: Peplum + Patterned Pants!

Having this blog is really making me more adventurous with my outfit assembly - I usually would have paired each of these pieces with a more basic counterpart, but I like the way this combo turned out. 

Cobalt peplum shirt: INC (via Gwynnie Bee)

Patterned pants: Mossimo (Target)

Patent wedges: Call it Spring

pearlconcubine: What I wore today:  Blouse: Made by me Skirt:...









pearlconcubine:

What I wore today: 

Blouse: Made by me

Skirt: Pinup Girl Clothing size 2X

Shoes: Ramarim size 38

Well, I've been working on it for a bit over a week, here and there, and I finished another Gertie's New Book for Better Sewing pattern: the bow tied blouse.  I read a few reviews of this pattern and preemptively lowered the neckline and lengthened the neck band so I wouldn't be strangled by the neckline.  I'm pretty pleased with the result and I got quite a few compliments today on the top from people at work.  

One of the details I really like about this blouse is the button closure down the back.  It's such a cute vintage detail.  I've tried to take a photo of how the blouse looks at the back but all I've really got is a butt shot so I've taken some photos of the blouse off so you all could see.  I really like the buttons I found, they're just from Spotlight but I think they match the garment well.

As for my next project, I've decided I'm going to do the shirtwaist dress.  AND because I want a longer and more challenging project, I'm going to do all the hard little extra steps I usually skip.  That's right, it's going to be bound buttonholes and self covered buttons for me! 

Provided I don't lose interest in 10 minutes…

mightyknobbers: wow…I want to dive into those…



mightyknobbers:

wow…I want to dive into those…

dressesandyarn: I have legit spent 8 hours of my day ironing...







dressesandyarn:

I have legit spent 8 hours of my day ironing clothing and taking pictures of everything I'm selling. Tomorrow sometime I should have the green coat and black sheep sweater on etsy and the blue dress and green sweater on ebay. Among so many other items. I actually have more stuff but I stopped ironing so I wouldn't run out of daylight before I finished taking pictures.

bigbeautifulblackgirls: Dionne from Prissyshopper.com



bigbeautifulblackgirls:

Dionne from Prissyshopper.com

kellyfuckindoke: Girls I saw at the beach in Cadiz a few weeks...







kellyfuckindoke:

Girls I saw at the beach in Cadiz a few weeks back…

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário